Timeline of the Professionals and Child Cancer Foundation’s long relationship
At the end of 1993, a member of the Professionals knew someone who lost their child to cancer. Because of this personal connection, Professionals Palmerston North started fundraising for the Child Cancer Foundation - that was the beginning of a long relationship spanning decades.
Here are a few of the highlights:
•1995: We raised funds to help Child Cancer Foundation produce educational brochures for families about child cancer.
• 1997 & 1998: Our fundraising contributions helped Child Cancer Foundation purchase a four bedroom property in Taupo to offer to children and their families as a free holiday home.
• 1998: Our fundraising contributions helped contribute towards the purchase of another holiday home in Queenstown. This was later sold and a holiday home in Arrowtown was purchased in its place.
• 2004: We contributed funds towards the purchase of a building for Child Cancer Foundation Family Places in Wellington and Auckland.
• 2016: We became the official supporter of Child Cancer Foundation’s Family and SIBS (Specially Important Brothers and Sisters) camps.
• 2022: Covid-19 cancelled the biggest fundraiser of the year; the March Street Appeal. This meant we had to get really creative and push the appeal online. It was awesome to see the Group get creative and show their, despite the unprecedented situation everyone was in.
Without Child Cancer Foundation Kiwi kids diagnosed with cancer and their families would not get the same amazing level of support and assistance. That’s why the Professionals are 100% behind the Foundation and continue to support them by fundraising across each of our branches across New Zealand.
Are you keen to get involved too? Visit the Child Cancer Foundation’s website and donate by clicking below - every little bit helps.